We had a really special Christmas and Holiday season this year. We moved into a new home about 5 months ago, and it was great to have a fireplace from which to hang our stockings. It was so magical seeing all the beautiful things about Christmas through the eyes of my children. Dallin would get up every morning starting with the first day of December and remind me how many days there were left till Christmas. He would hang an ornament on our avent tree, then eat the candy out of our avent calendar, then turn on the fire place and Christmas tree lights. He never got greedy by eating the candy for the next day and displayed great self control for a seven year old. He often reminded me that "Christmas was about the Savior's birth" and we enjoyed baking some treats for our new neighbors and taking them over. Sam and Maddie did very well not to destroy the tree and were more interested in just sitting at its feet and looking at the lights and decorations. The day after Christmas we went up to our family cabin in Colorado and enjoyed some great sledding, skiing, and snowmobiling. I have had a few moments to reflect on this last year and the great blessings that have come to our family. I am truly thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and merciful Savior and the plan of happiness that we all can take part in. I am grateful for the support and love of a wonderful, close, and simply amazing family who bring me so much joy everyday. I am thankful for sisters who are my dearest and closest friends and for parents who have given me so much and continue to be involved in my life as well as my children's. I am truly thankful for a husband who has made all my dreams come true and who loves me unconditionally and for 3 beautiful children who I have the privilege of mothering. I am most grateful to my Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ for giving me the greatest gift of all. If it weren't for them I could not be with the people I love the most, or have hope for eternal salvation. My heart truly swells with gratitude for all of these beautiful blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment