Friday, May 9, 2003

May 2003/ Dallin's 1st birthday


As you can plainly see, Dallin really enjoyed his birthday party, presents, and cake.
We had Grams and Papa over and some other family to celebrate .


Dallin had this thing for talking on the phone...so I had to put this picture in to remind Dave and I of how incredibly funny he was. He was only just a year old and didn't have many words, but invented his own language and would talk on the phone carrying on this conversation making intonations in his voice and everything.

Oh how I remember this day like it happened yesterday. Holding my baby on his first birthday after a wonderful, full day.... pondering all the joy and happiness he has brought me over the past year. I was getting ready to put him to sleep and I just didn't want the day to end. My Dallin is growing so fast...it is so bittersweet being a parent. On the one hand it is so great to see the physical changes and developmental strides they make. But you wish you could hold them forever just like this...and perhaps time could stand still.

No comments: