This August I competed in 2 triathlons. One down in Socorro NM, which is one of my favorites and one in Rio Rancho which was an all women's triathlon. They were both very memorable events, and I'm so glad I got to participate. I just think about the blessing of having a healthy body and the great love I have for physical fitness. What a blessing it is to be able to have legs that can run and bike and arms that can pull me through the water. What joy I derive from being physical and what a gift it truly is to me.
Making my transition from the bike to the swimming pool...I averaged over 21mph on the bike. It was a hilly course, and the run was 2 miles of uphill. I did very well overall, and placed 3rd in my age group (44 women in my age group) and 17th overall. There were over 270 women...a very successful triathlon. I really hope they put on this event next year because I'm already planning on it!!!
What was so exciting about the all women's tri was that the women were so friendly and cheering each other on. You don't often see that in the triathlon setting..especially when you have men there. Thats not to say there weren't some amazing athletes...I've never seen so many fit women...and the feeling of being able to get together with a bunch of fit, athletic, and motivated women was a wonderful feeling. three other women from our ward were there and I've mountain biked with a few who I have since learned competed in it as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment