Sunday, January 25, 2009

Christmas Memories 2008

Dave sledding with Sam and Maddie just ouside the cabin



Uncle Abe attempts to clear a pathway up the stairs to the back entrance of the cabin. Four feet of snow fell just after Christmas.


On our way up to the Cabin the day after Christmas. We had to spend the night in Chama. The next morning we were able to make it through the Cumbres Pass after road crews worked all night. The snow was impressive and breath taking.



Some scenic shots of the area. We were able to do some snow mobiling, and cross-country skiing. The snow couldn't have been better.








This picture taken on Christmas day is a wonderful reminder of my amazing mother and sisters and what a great friendship we all have. Not pictured is of course Lorilynn, who couldn't come around with sick kids on this day. But she is very much a part of this unique group of gals.


Dallin holds up some legos on Christmas morning



Maddie plays with her new baby doll set


Sam pushing around his grocery cart with play food. This gift from Grams was such a hit with the twins.


Maddie still unsure of how to unwrap a present was coached by her brother Dallin


Dallin also assisting Sam with the unwrapping process


On Christmas Eve we gathered for our traditional get together at Grams and Papa's house. It was very special to have Uncle Nathan and Aunt Polly in town. They are pretty much the life of the party. This year we had a white elephant gift exchange, and Polly organized some special activities for the children. We read from the Bible and sang some carols and ate and ate some more.

Abe and Erin enjoying the holiday spirit.



Polly modeling her white elephant gift (my prom dress from 9th grade)



Polly and the children exchanging gifts

Abe and Dave -pretty darn good friends



Dallins all time favorite uncle (Nathan)



gorgous Annie and gorgous Lydia


Aunt Polly beams with delight as she prepares the childrens activities



Christmas 2008. Dave was taking the pictures and I was singing "Jack and Jill ran up the hill" and throwing myself on the floor just like Jack and Jill in order to get a laugh. It worked!!





My first attempt at Christmas pictures. It was unsuccessful.


Maddie enthralled with a Christmas ornament


The twins up on the counter top, helping me do a little baking. I often place them on the counter when I'm cooking, give them a spoon and a measuring cup and they actually let me do some cooking. They are especially happy when I allow them to sample some batter.




Maddie crawled up on Dallins lap and fell asleep. She has so enjoyed Dallins presence during his christmas break from school.


Sam's crazy hair. I can't control it at all. It literally sticks straight up without any help from products. You have to admit its pretty cute!














6 comments:

Chelsey said...

Muffin, how funny! My kids have the same pajamas AND the same toys! I guess we just have great taste! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas.

Tracie said...

It's about time! It looks like you guys had some fabulous holidays! I miss Polly! It's good to see some pics of her:)

jess and jessica said...

I love all your new pics. My absolute favorite is the one with Maddie sleeping on Dallen's lap. It is so fun to see our little ones grow up. I am glad that Dallen, Maddie, & Sam have such loving great parents! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Pamela said...

Great pictures! I am glad that you had such a wonderful Christmas. It is such a blessing to have lots of family close by.

Polly and Nathan said...

Hey muffy, Dallin, Maddi and Sam are so stinkin cute it kills me! I miss them so much it is crazy. It brings Nathan and I so much joy looking at these pictures and sometimes a tear.And I must say I looked really hot in that dress... for real.

Tracie said...

Alright...I'm in Meredith blog withdrawals. Please update so I can sleep at night again:)