It's good to be a pathologist. Sometimes you can mix work and pleasure, and make extraordinary occasions. At the end of September, I was headed to Chicago to present some research, and thought it a perfect chance to celebrate our anniversary in a place Muffin and I had never had the chance of visiting...and what a great time it was...
There is so much to see and do in downtown Chicago. Visiting the big city is a great experience. We elected to get metro-passes and get around in every manner possible: foot, boat, subway, train, and bus. About the only manner we didn't do was automobile. Seen above is the Adler planetarium. A must for families (children) -- you could easily spend all day there with kids...so many interactive things for kids to see and do.
Of course the famous "bean" at Millenial Park is a sight to behold and a primary tourist attraction.
The Lego shop in Northbridge mall was great! Too bad I didn't have 10000 dollars to spend on making life size lego figures like the 10 foot T-Rex or 5 foot spider we saw...
We certainly had some great food while in Chicago. The first night we ate at the India House -- perhaps the best flavors I've ever experienced in my life!
We had brunch at the Signature Room -- 95th floor of the John Hancock building. Very elegant dining to be sure!
John Hancock Building
We also went on an Architecture tour, and learned about the history of the buildings (e.g. Art Deco), and the great Chicago Fire.
Couldn't help but take photos of some of the famous sights...
The Chicago Art Institute was inspiring. Some of the greatest original works of art are housed there...
We stumbled across this little Sushi place on our last day. Seen above is the Red Dragon Roll. Very artistic...but I have to admit, the flavors weren't better than out new favorite place in Albuquerque -- Kokoro.
Our actual 10 year anniversary was a more quiet affair -- Dinner at the Flying Star and this photo! I think we are looking better than we did ten years ago!
1 comment:
While I was in College I was lucky enough to catch an M C Escher exhibit... I loved being able to see the actual pieces of artwork. It never ceases to amaze me the size of some of the artwork. They all look relatively small in an art book...
You guys look great and the kids are getting so big! We miss you and can't wait for another visit. I've done a little updating to our family blog randeolsen.blogspot.com if you'd like to check it out.
Post a Comment